1. YOUR SALES HAVE DECREASED:: If your sales aren’t very high and you’ve tried everything to increase them, maybe you need to try re-branding! Re-branding can sky-rocket your website views, spark the interest of new customers, and reignite the interest of your past customers. It can bring an old, outdated brand back to life with a new purpose and an updated style.
2. YOU GET LOTS OF TRAFFIC, BUT NO ONE STICKS AROUND:: If your website bounce rate is really high, you don’t get many loyal readers or clients, and your business feels blah even though you’re pouring your heart and soul into driving people to your website, something needs to change. If your brand is beautifully on point, your conversion rate should be pretty high. If it isn’t, you should start thinking about re-branding. The issue could simply be that your leads are not connecting with your brand and/or website.
3. YOU DON’T GET MANY INQUIRIES:: What I said above applies to this point too. A couple of years ago my friend re-branded because she wanted to target a higher-paying audience. She designed her own brand materials and website. But what happened? Crickets. She didn’t get any client inquiries for a solid two months. When we went over her brand vision, re-branded her business and re-designed her website, clients started coming in and she began earning regular income again.
Customers and clients make quick decisions based on how your brand and website looks, so you have to make sure they look gorgeous and professional – good enough to make people stick around and find out more about your business and how you can help them.
4. YOU’VE CHANGED YOUR BUSINESS DIRECTION:: Sometimes people decide to change the direction they’re going in. You may have been working as a copywriter for years, but yearn to become a life coach and finally decide to pursue it. That’s OK! Go with your gut. But make sure you look into re-branding because big business changes like these often need a new look to accompany them. Your old branding may not portray the feeling you want to portray now, or it may not attract the right clients and customers. That leads me to my next point…
5. YOU’RE ATTRACTING THE WRONG CUSTOMERS:: If your brand is attracting the wrong clients and customers, this is the biggest sign that it’s time to re-brand. Last week, a freelance designer came to me with this very problem. She attracted girly, feminine business owners who usually owned Etsy shops and didn’t want to spend much money on a website design. After our consultation, she realized she needed to re-brand so that her brand, website, services, and portfolio were smarter and sleeker, aimed at attracting the high-end, six-figure clients she truly desired.
6. YOU FEEL LIKE YOU’VE OUTGROWN YOUR BRAND:: If you feel like your brand is a portrayal of who you were a few years ago and not today, you should think about re-branding. Your brand should convey who you are today. You should feel proud to call it your own. If you don’t, your passion for your brand and business will die down and clients will sense that.
7. YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR BRAND IS A COPY OF SOMEONE ELSE ’S:: This happens with all business owners at some point so don’t feel bad about it. Sometimes, you can get so caught up and ‘in love’ with someone else’s brand that you end up creating a brand identity that is similar to theirs, not because you’re a copy cat, but because you’ve taken admiration slightly too far. If you feel like your brand is too similar to someone else’s, it’s definitely time to think about re-branding and being that authentic you that everyone is dying to see!
If you think it’s time to re-brand your business and you’re looking for a designer to take on your project, I’d love to discuss your project with you! Check out my services and get in touch if you’d like to schedule a time to talk!